To transform the culture of Guilford County by taking science and technology to the forefront of the minds of young people — inspiring our leaders of tomorrow.
To promote interest in and knowledge of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) principles throughout Guilford County, NC schools and the communities they serve, and to develop leadership, business, teamwork, communication and other life skills. We seek to develop these skills through team membership, outreach opportunities, critical thinking, public speaking and unique experiences, promoting full participation in all aspects of the club by all members
- Promote student involvement in science, engineering, computer, robotics, and technology curricula
- Promote student involvement in robotics-based competitions such as FIRST
- Provide a safe, structured environment for students to meet engineers, scientists, technologists, and advanced technology manufacturers.
- Provide technology education to students to improve their ability to enter the workforce upon graduation.
- Encourage students to pursue higher education.
Along with participation in such a rigorous program such as FIRST® comes the responsibility to maintain a clear view of the overall message of the program. ECG Robotics does this by emphasizing a set of core values. These include FIRST’s core values: Gracious Professionalism and Coopertition, as well as the core values of ECG Robotics: Integrity, Education, Respect, Curiosity, Inspiration.