FTC TEAM 6183 : THUNDERDUCKS
FTC Team 6183, The Thunderducks, is one of four FTC Team based out of Greensboro in ECG Robotics, originally established in 2011. Each year and season our team has matured and learnt more about FIRST, robotics, and how we can help the community and ECG Robotics as members have joined or graduated.
The Thunderducks have been able to consistently qualify for the North Carolina State Competition since 2014! Although we have yet to qualify for the World Championship, we hope to qualify this year!
The Thunderducks strives to grow as a team and exmplify the ideals of FIRST and gracious professionalism to the fullest extent. Not only do we focus on making the best robot each season through CAD, mechanical, and programming, but we are always on the lookout for ways to help impact our local and greater community in a positive way.
Our team is looking forward to this upcoming season as a chance to learn new skill sets, teach other teams or kids in our community, and do our very best as a team to have the best season!
Since the beginning, the Thunderducks have always treated outreach and giving back to the community as one of the upmost importance, as we realize FIRST and robotics it not only about the competition itself, but impacting others in our community who may not be as fortunate and help introduce and inspire them in robotics and STEM fields.
Our main outreach project since the 2016-2017 season has been a children’s book series called The Beek Beek Book. The book series centers around a robotics duck, Beek Beek, modeled after our team mascot, and is designed to promote literacy and STEM to kids in Title 1 elementary schools around our community. With the original book and the sequel, we have had the ability to help bring STEM to these young kids who may not had access to before, and truly make a difference and inspire them.
Awards and Achievements
- 1st place PTC Design Award at the 2017 Cardinal Gibbons Qualifiers
- 2nd place Rockwell Collins Innovate Award at the 2017 Southern Qualifiers
- 1st place Connect Award at the 2017 Southern Qualifiers
- Winning Alliance Second Pick at 2017 Southern Qualifiers
- 3rd place PTC Design Award at the 2017 Southern Qualifiers
- Winning Alliance at 2017 Southern Qualifiers
- 2nd Place Think Award at 2017 State competitio
- 2nd Place Motivate Award at 2018 Southern Qualifiers
- 2nd Place Connect Award at 2018 Southern Qualifiers
- 1st Place Think Award at 2018 Southern Qualifiers
- 3rd place Motivate Award at 2018 State Competition
- 3rd place Connect Award at 2018 State Competition
- 1st place Connect Award at Southern Qualifiers
- Connect Award at State Competition
- Motivate Award at State Competition